So I've been doing a great deal of thinking, understanding that I must be the best person I can be first before taking on new challenges and in turn, new joys. Those who I would be involved with whether it be friendship or otherwise, deserve me to be the best person I can be.
Years ago I realized something that I still hold true today. People seem to judge themselves on what they see in the mirror. When in actuality they shouldn't. The mirror only provides one thing, a reverse image of your exterior appearance. When I look at myself in the mirror and raise my right hand, my mirror image raises it's left hand. This is not accurate to how other's see us. When I raise my right hand to my friend, that is my right hand. Our friends and family and anyone else see us for who we are, not for being mirror images of ourselves. So in essence we cannot see ourselves from the perspective of others, as we only see ourselves in the mirror, or in other reflections. We know ourselves from the inside, a perspective no one else can know but us. So, who is right in deciding the kind of people we are?! Our friends?! Ourselves?! Who knows? We all must come to terms with our place in this world, with who we are, with what we are, what we have accomplished and what we are to accomplish. What goals we have set or choose to not pursue.
We all battle our own issues. No matter what we choose to believe about ourselves, there is always something that we must conquer, something we must come to terms with and something that may get in the way of reaching our peak. It's a part of being human.
Remember that everyone is very much like you, in the above context. So when someone is trying to complete something, or reach their personal goal. Don't take them down, don't give them crap, celebrate them, celebrate that they have accomplished something, even if it is small, it may be something great to them. Be constructive, not destructive. Be encouraging not discouraging. It is fine to joke around, but sometimes the receiver may have issues you didn't count on and the jokes may do more harm than good. While I am a person that likes to joke around, don't take me too seriously when I do so. I don't joke with people I don't like.
Until next entry...
~~ Jim
No comments:
Post a Comment