Ahh shit, ok here goes. First real blog post, and I am doing it at 3 am. Do I rule or what?!
Two days from now is Thanksgiving Day, a day that we are supposed to give thanks to what we have, to our families, friends, to pretty much everything that is positive or leads to positiveness in our lives. I have said the following probably each year for the past 3 or 4 years. THANKSGIVING SHOULD BE EVERY DAY. I know there are times when we get very busy, times when we virtually have tunnel-vision, when we have little time to breathe let alone do anything else. We need to take a few moments to let those that are important to us, that they indeed are thought of and loved. Nothing personally makes me feel better than someone telling me how much they love me, or how glad they are to have me in their lives and it feels good to say these things to others as well. It's a win-win. So do it!!
I admit there are times in my life that I have been alone. Times where I am lonely. I don't jump from one relationship to another, that is not my way. If relations with women that I know were meant to be, they would be. Or if they are meant to be, sometime in the future they will be. Though I am cautious, we've all been hurt before, we've all been heartbroken and someone that says otherwise is either oblivious to their emotions, or is without them. While it is by nature that we love, it is also by nature that we hurt. It is what makes us who we are, helps us to move forward, to grow and be stronger, even as we question in our strength.
It is difficult to focus, not only because of what time it is as I type this, but because of all the things going on in our country, in the world. These times are not without issues, definitely not. Though when are there not issues?! Where is that utopian peaceful existence like in Star Trek, at least on Earth?! Maybe we need some aliens to land and tell us to live long and prosper before we'll come together as a people and put differences aside, conflicts aside. Who knows. I do find it funny that a lot of what's become reality was predicted by sci-fi writers. Technology-wise I mean. Anyway I am going off on tangent.
Ok, one final thing before I am done with this entry... we are all in this world together, we are diverse, and diversity should be celebrated, not shunned. I remember kids at school (and myself a times) when I was young, would get picked on for being different. Being different is great, it's what people should be. Who wants to be a clone of someone else?! The "in" crowd is a farce, we all are the "in" crowd, we all share this Earth together. Celebrate differences, learn new cultures, new rituals, new points of view, you may just find that you've become a more understanding person as a result.
I am thinking next entry, I might touch on this whole "Occupy" stuff going on. Simply because again, I have a lot to say. Thanks for reading this far, if you have.
Kumquat!!
~ Jim
No comments:
Post a Comment